Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Day 34: 3.0 miles

I did the math. If I were to run 4 miles today and 4 miles tomorrow, I will have run an even 100 miles for the streak. 

But I'm not going to make it.

And I'm ok with that.

I'd rather be able to keep the streak going longer, than break myself and HAVE to stop early.

I probably shouldn't have done 3 today, to be safe. But the shin felt better today and I could barely feel it when my run started. As I got warmed up, I didn't feel it at all.

I can't believe that tomorrow is the last day of the streak challenge. This wasn't as "challenging" as I imagined it was going to be. Relatively effortless. Of course my flexible work schedule definitely helped since I wasn't having to get up at O'Dark Thirty to run.  Keeping this little streak alive will be difficult inthe  throes of tax season when I'll be forced to run at 6am or not at all. I'm getting all twitchy thinking about it.

Back to today: 3.0 miles. 28:11. 9:24 avg pace.


Post run selfie with Miss Mercedes.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment