Friday, December 13, 2013

Day 16: 1.5 miles

Holy shiz was I tired today. All day long I felt like taking a nap (and I don't do naps). My legs felt tired. My arms felt tired. I wasn't sore... But those legs.... They felt like lead weights all day. I put my CEP compression sleeves on this morning. Not sure if it helped, but it certainly didn't hurt anything. 

Ordinarily, I would have just called this a rest day, but I have a streak to keep going and a challenge to complete. So... I did run today...



 Slowly... 1.5 miles in 16:24 at a 10:56 pace. It certainly didn't feel like I was going that pace. I felt like I was putting about as much effort as I would at a 10:30 or 10:00 pace. Doesn't sound like much of a difference but it is. I could have even turned the speed down. 

Like my sexy run outfit? Haha


I left the compression sleeves on while I ran. I also tried running in my injinji socks with my Pure Flows. They'd only been used with my Vibrams in the past. I kinda like running with my toes all separated! I'll have to try it again on a longer run.

I'm glad I was kinda dead tired today because I really only had time to do the mile and a half because I was going to go  watch the Varsity boys basketball game. I wanted to see my daughter, Taylor, cheer!

No comments:

Post a Comment