Sunday, January 26, 2014

Day 60: 1.10 miles

1.10 miles.11:52. 10:44 pace.

Yup.  I skipped my 8 miler today.  Heading back over to the Y definitely would have taken up my whole day again.  I just… didn't feel like it was worth it. I need to feel like I had at least one day "off" this weekend.  I'm so behind on housework and laundry.  I think I'm on my last pair of clean undies.

Because of the stress of last week I didn't sleep or eat a whole lot.  My runs definitely suffered. Yesterday wasn't any better food wise.  I'm tired.  I felt stiff.  I even lost 4 pounds over the week.

I'm trying not to get too down on myself for cutting out 7 miles.  I'm trying to remind myself that sometimes, drastically shortening a run or two is a lot better than persevering when I shouldn't and having to quit running (again) due to severe injury.

I went out this morning (shocker, I know) before the wind picked up.  (currently we are under a wind chill advisory and as of 3:00pm it's -22F)

I dressed like a girlie ninja:

Running, ninja style

I got in my 1 mile run.  I actually got a little hot.  I had three shirts on.  :)  At least I know that I can run a mile outside when it's this cold:

At least there was no wind!!

Now I'm spending the rest of the day relaxing, EATING, and trying to recharge my soul.  I've got a chicken in the crockpot and a load of laundry in the washer.  Life. Is. Good.




No comments:

Post a Comment