Friday, January 24, 2014

Day 56: 1.0 mile

I can't really even give you the time for this mile.  Because I don't know.  I'm guessing it was 10:50.

This whole week has been super duper stressful.  This one mile run occurred on Wednesday.  I'm writing this on Friday.

Things have been topsy turvy at home lately... just a lot of stuff going on.

Running was the only thing I had that was constant.  That I could rely on.

Until this Wednesday, that is.

At mile .78, my treadmill just stopped. No warning.... I think it beeped a couple of times and a message was played across the screen but my phone was covering it up so I missed the first part.

Pretty sure the last word was "belt"

Since my week was already super stressful, and I was running on about 5-6 hours of sleep for the last 3 nights, I kinda freaked out a little.

As in, near tears, howamIgoingtocontinuethisstreakifIhavenotreadmill, freakout.

I turned the treadmill off (the display was frozen) and restarted it.  It worked fine then to finish the last .22 mile of my run so I wouldn't have to break the streak (and no... running outside was not an option as the windchill was well below zero).

My mom has the same treadmill we have.  She said hers did the same thing.  After she lubed the belt and adjusted it, it worked fine.

Ah... yes.... that "LUBE BELT" display that seems to flash across the display almost every day... the one that we'd just cancel by pressing 'stop' and the speed '^' button. 

I'm sorry treadmill.  I thought it was just an automatic message that popped up every so often.  I swore I had just lubed you up and that it was fine.

I'll never do that again.

My dad stopped at the sporting goods store and picked up some lubricant for me yesterday (Thursday).  He said the guy at the store recommended the "lube-n-walk" so that's what he picked up.

OMG that thing is amazing.  I'll post pictures sometime.  So easy. 

I lubed that baby up pretty well and adjusted the belt last night (Thursday).

And then... of course... I had to test it out with a tempo run... which was my Day 57 run.

1 comment:

  1. It never occured to me that the treadmill I am borrowing might need to be lubricated. Thanks for passing on this valuable tidbit of information.

    ReplyDelete