Thursday, January 9, 2014

Day 43: 4.0 miles

4.0 miles. 43:09. 10:47 pace.

Oh. My. God. I am completely spent after today's run. I watched nearly an entire Dexter episode and while it held my attention better than last time, I have such a hard time running on the treadmill at these slower paces. My form is different. Plus, I was tired and hungry before I even hit start. I kept the pace pretty consistent, so I guess I can still consider this run a success.


That there is me... No filter. My face is on fire from the sweat irritating my dry skin. Sometimes it's good to go filter less I suppose ;)

I was so bored at work today I spent the majority of the afternoon working on a training plan. I've got to start getting more miles on my feet. My next big race will be in June. I have officially decided that if I am not selected for the Bjorklund half marathon (it's a lottery selection process) that I will just go ahead and register for Grandma's Marathon. (The Bjorklund is also known as Grandma's half. It's run on the second half of the marathon course). This would be my first FULL MARATHON. I've wanted to run a full since I started running two years ago. Mentally, I'm ready. (My dream race is actually Western States 100. Go big or go home, right? Haha) Physically.... I'm not sure. I have several months to figure it out. 

If it weren't for the lottery selection for the half... I'd probably be more inclined to just go ahead and sign up for the full. But I'm a strong believer in fate and that things happen for a reason. So my silly little brain figures that if I'm not meant to run the full in June, I'll be selected for the half. If Grandma's is supposed to be my first full, then I'll get rejected for the half. 

I already have the training plans ready to go. I'll be doing the Hanson's Marathon Method. Their website has a half plan that is exactly the same as the full during the weekdays, the only difference is the amount of easy miles run on Saturday and Sunday. I also figured out the differences in mileage each week between the two and the week that has the largest difference is only more by 9 miles. 

So, we'll see what fate decides for me when the lottery occurs at the end of February!

Edit: added links :)

No comments:

Post a Comment