Friday, January 3, 2014

Day 37: 3.0 miles

I really have no self control, do I. My shin hurt a little for the first half mile (I haven't had any ibuprofen today) and then was fine for the most part. A little ache here and there for a few seconds and that was it. It doesn't hurt even now, after my run, except when you push on one specific spot on the bone. Yikes. With the stress fracture in my metatarsal, it was about 4 days from the first twinge of pain, to full blown, soul-sucking, refusing to drink water because the walk to the bathroom will be too excruciating, kind of pain. 

I'm on two weeks now with the shin pain. It's not getting any worse, I don't think, but it's not really getting any better either. 

Sometimes I feel it in my right shin as well.

This. Sucks. 

I have some leftover KT tape. I'll try to remember to tape it tomorrow.

Anyway. Today I just felt like running 3 miles. First mile at 6.0mph, second mile at 6.5mph, mile 2.0-2.75 at 6.8mph and mile 2.75-3.0 at 6.5mph.

3 miles. 28:09. 9:23 avg pace.


1 comment:

  1. I had the same pain but just on the bone when I touched it, took it easy for about 4wks and it finally went away. Hope it doesn't get worse. xoxo

    ReplyDelete