Sunday, January 12, 2014

Day 46: 6.0 miles

6.0 miles. 1:03:48. 10:38 pace.


Take my word on the time. It only shows time when the belt is moving.

I had hoped for 5 miles today. Obviously I ran 6. Secretly I was kinda hoping for 7, but my legs were toast. I seem to have issues doing the "bare minimum." I always want to do more miles... Or go faster than I should. It's like I think I'm some sort of failure if I don't give 110% all of the time. 

Last April or May, I was scheduled for 7 miles (training for a half). It was one of the first really warm days of the spring, and I went out for my run at about 2pm. The sun was bright! There was still snow alongside the paved trail I was running (the city had plowed the snow off of the trail) so the sun was reflecting off of it. I didn't bring any water (in the winter I wouldn't need it) so I quit early at 5 miles.  

I was so mad at myself that as "punishment" I went back out that evening and ran 3 more miles. For a total of 8 for the day.

I'm a pretty tough cookie.


Last night, right before bed, I decided to FINALLY start building up some strength in my backside.  I did the 15 minute bridge series, and then since abs is right after that, I did that too. I fully expected to be sore today but I really wasn't. After not doing this workout for a few months I should have been sore. 

Obviously I didn't work hard enough!! (Are you seeing a pattern here... Glutton for punishment)

After this afternoon's 6 miles, though, I can feel the soreness start to creep in. 

I must be a frickin weirdo because I love DOMS. Makes me feel alive. 




No comments:

Post a Comment