Thursday, February 13, 2014

Days 73-77 (Feb 8-12): 26.05 miles

Bad blogger, I am.  I'm so far behind on posts and it was starting to overwhelm me so I just decided to do it this way. 

Day 73 (Saturday, Feb 8): 

6.05 miles. 1:02:59. 10:25 pace.

I um... slightly underdressed for this run.  I did it outside, but it was still pretty windy.  I wore a pair of Under Armour ColdGear tights and my thighs were pretty numb by the time I got home.  I also wore only a lululemon long sleeved swiftly on my arms.  I had a tank underneath and a fleece vest over.  Brr.  I did it though!

Day 74 (Sunday, Feb 9):

10.0 miles. 1:47:00. 10:42 pace.

I had to do this run in chunks.  I decided to go to my mom's and use her treadmill since she was out of town and wanted me to check on her doggie.  She has steam heat at her house and whatever it is called that makes her house warm is right next to her treadmill in the basement.  After running in subszero temps the day before, I definitely felt like I was running in the seventh circle of hell.  After 3 miles I went outside (where there was something like a -17 wind chill) to cool off before going back for more.  After another 3 miles I did it again.  The last 4 miles were pure torture to finish.  I had forgotten my gummis at home and so the only "fuel" I had was a single bottle of Gatorade.  I hadn't eaten anything in over 6 hours.  I gutted it out though.  So happy to have finished.  The first double digit run since last June!!!!!

Day 75 (Monday, Feb 10):

5.0 miles. 53:48. 10:46 pace.

I didn't realize how tired and dead feeling my legs were until about 2 miles into the run.  My stubborn self willed me to finish and then I collapsed onto the couch face first mumbling something along the lines of "fuck you Hanson brothers and fuck your cumulative fatigue"

Day 76 (Tuesday, Feb 11):

1.0 mile. 10:47 pace.

I ended up having to switch my speed day with my rest day.  It was my turn to help out in the concession stand at the varsity girls basketball game tonight.  I didn't get this run in until about 9:45pm.  If it wasn't for the streak and my stubbornness, I would have just gone to bed.

Day 77 (Wednesday, Feb 12):

4.0 miles. 38:00. 9:30 pace.

I was supposed to do 5x1000m repeats tonight.  I ended up doing 3x1000m repeats.  During that 3rd interval my legs were on fire and my abs were starting to burn and I was in a hurry to try to get done so that Karl could use the treadmill (he had called it for the after work slot and I snuck down there before he got home to hopefully get my run done beforehand.  I didn't want to be running until 8 or later if I'd waited for him to be done).  So... I was really anxious and I REALLY didn't want to turn the speed down for the 4th and 5th intervals (I was running the intervals at 7mph, about an 8:34 pace or so) so after the 3rd interval recovery I set the treadmill to my tempo pace and finished the last 3/4 mile or so at that speed.  So... even though I cut the run short by about a mile and a half,  I'm still pleased with my time and effort.  I guess my legs are still tired from the weekend.

What's up next:

Tonight: Supposed to be 6 mile tempo run.  It's going to be an easy paced run.  I guarantee you that.
Friday: 6 miles easy (which I might push the pace on so I get a tempo like run in for the week)
Saturday: 5 miles easy
Sunday: 10 miles easy
Monday: 7 miles easy
Tuesday: Supposed to be 4x1200m intervals but I'm going to redo the 5x1000 or the 6x800 depending on how I'm feeling.
Wednesday: 1 mile easy.

I'm still working on the Under Armour Armour Bra review.  I'll give you a clue.  I'm sending it back.  I feel there is a serious design flaw with it which makes it not worthy of the $58 price tag.  Stay tuned......

No comments:

Post a Comment