Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Day 68 (2/3): 1.0 mile

1.0 mile.  10:12 pace.

I know what you're thinking.  What the heck!?  It's not Wednesday!  Wednesday's are 1 mile days.

Well... here's what happened.

I got home at my normal time.

But I was HANGRY.

Hangry.

I ate something small (I don't like running with a lot of food in my belly), but I was still crabby.

For the first time in almost 2 months, I just did. not. want. to. run.

Not because I was too tired or because I didn't have enough time.

It's because I was too crabby.

All I wanted to do was lay on the couch under a blanket and eat junk food while the kids destroy the place because I just didn't care.

You've had those kinds of days, right?

I even had something new to try out on my run today and even that didn't help in the motivation department.

I picked up some of those Dr. Scholl's Active insoles to replace the insoles on my Brooks Pure Flow 2's.  The shoes only have 140 miles on them but they have felt dead to me since about mile 90.  I hate running in them even though they look really cute on my feet. (Oh come on... you know that's important). I was hoping that these $20 inserts would save me from having to drop $100 on a new pair of shoes so soon.

Dr. Scholl's Active Series Insole from good ole Walmart.

I got them cut to size and walked around the house in them for a little bit.  They are a bit thicker than the original insoles, especially in the heel.  It's probably only a millimeter or two but when I'm used to a 4mm drop, it's definitely noticeable.

Because the insole is thicker, it actually made the whole shoe fit a little bit better.  It actually hugged my foot.

I thought I would absolutely hate running in them.  It felt like just a lot of shoe on my foot.

Strangely though, I didn't really mind them.

I'll let you know what I really think about them after this weekend's long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment