Monday, February 10, 2014

Day 71 (2/6): 4.0 miles

4.0 miles.  40:02. 10:01 avg pace.

I decided that instead of doing race pace runs on Thursdays that I would do runs that are harder than my easy days but not quite as hard as my speed days on Tuesday.  Which would mean a pace that is close to (preferably under) 10:00/mile.  Every tempo run I've attempted thus far has just been downright terrible and it was hurting my confidence and making the next couple of runs feel not so great as well. 

Today's run was a scheduled 6 miles, 5 of which were supposed to be tempo pace.

I got to 4 miles and paused the treadmill to grab some water when I heard Mercedes (my three year old) sitting at the top of the stairs whining, "Momma I want you...." I started to say just a couple more minutes, but then common sense kicked in and I remembered what was important in my life.  So, I went upstairs and we snuggled on the couch and watched The Little Mermaid. 

I had good intentions to go back downstairs after the kids went to bed and finish those last 2 miles but as the evening wore on... it became less important to me.  Plus my legs were stiffening up from immediately parking my keister on the couch.

I don't regret quitting early at all.  I feel like I still got a good workout in and singing all the songs from my favorite Disney movie with my favorite toddler was a heck of a lot more fun!

No pictures today... I'm posting this 4 days late.  Grrr.. bad blogger I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment