Friday, November 29, 2013

Day 1: 1.9 mi

Day 1:  Thanksgiving day.  Today I went out in between turkey basting times for a quick little 1.9 mile run.  I was hoping for about 2 to 2.5.  Oh well.

I had originally planned on running on the treadmill... but last minute decided I'd rather run outside.  Since my Garmin was stone cold dead... I just used the RunMeter app on my iphone.  Welllllll .... it glitched.  Whenever I had run with it in the past, I'd hit start, then push the lock screen button and put it in my pocket til I was done.  No problems.  This time however, it would only record the movement if the phone was unlocked, with the RunMeter app open.  Must have been some new update that reversed some settings.  I discovered it when I was on my way back (on an out and back run) and I wanted to see what the distance was thus far to ensure that I got my mileage in and it said I had only run for ten seconds.

When I got home I immediately went on mapmyrun before I forgot the route I took so I could get an estimation on mileage.  I was slightly disappointed when I saw 1.9!  If I would have had a working gps device on me I would have definitely gone the extra tenth of a mile.  Oh well.  When I returned I guessed I had ran between 2.10 and 2.25 miles... so I was close... but I'd rather underestimate the mileage than over estimate!!

No comments:

Post a Comment